We remain committed to make FIA a responsive public service organization providing a world class, efficient and professional,
Information and communications technology (ICT) is an integral part of our daily lives. Whether people have a computer
National Response Center for Cyber Crime (NR3C) – FIA is a law enforcement agency dedicated to fight cyber crime. Inception of this Hi-Tech crime fighting unit transpired in 2007 to identify and curb the phenomenon of technological abuse in society. NR3C is the latest introduction to mandate of the FIA, primarily to deal with technology based crimes in Pakistan. It is the only unit of its kind in the country and in addition to the directly received complaints also assists other law enforcement agencies in their own cases.
FIA sees the increasing use and dependence on technology as one of the major influences on the domestic and international law enforcement operating environment. Information and communications technology impacts on law enforcement because of the way in which it can facilitate both lawful and unlawful activities. Crimes such as fraud, scams, and harassment can be facilitated by using technology which brings unique challenges to old crimes.
Safe Online Shopping
Cyber crime prevention can be straight-forward – when armed with a little technical advice and common sense, many attacks can be avoided. In general, online criminals are trying to make their money as quickly and easily.
1: Fill out our detailed complaint form with attached relevant documents.
2: Email or Call at 02199333952 – 02199333953 & +92 316 6273579with all your details handy.
3: You can send written application with your complete credentials and details of your complaint at our given address.
4: You can personally come to our office with your written application and relevant material.
Use extra security features to access account (security code, Login alert etc)
– Use login notification alert
– Allow specific individuals to view your contents (Videos, Photos and Friends etc.)
– Control who can contact you
– Block your profile from search engines
What you put online will always remain there
– Never trust any free online content
– Dont provide personal information online to get something free
– Don’t click on links inside e-mails or messages
Change Default Administrator Passwords and Usernames of the Wi-Fi Router
– Use complex password and change Password after regular intervals
– Position the Router or Access Point Safely
– Turn off the Network / Wi-Fi routers if it is not in use
– Log off and close your browser when you are done using internet banking
– When using ATM always conceal keypad before entering pin code
– Before using ATM, make sure that there is no extra device installed in the surroundings
Always secure your smartphone with a strong password
– Ensure that your device locks itself automatically
– Install security software
– Only download apps from approved sources
– Check your apps permissions
– Dont miss operating system updates
– Be wary of any links you receive via email or text message
– Turn off automatic Wi-Fi connection
– When browsing or shopping on your phone (or computer), always look for “https” in the url instead of “http”